top of page


It aims to ensure that people can remain living independently in their own home. Floating support can help you resolve a housing crisis and improve your skills and confidence to take control of your life and make your own decisions. 


What can I get help with?

The service you receive may differ slightly from borough to borough, but some of the things they can help you with are:

  • helping you with moving into new accommodation and setting up a tenancy

  • working with you around any problems you are facing in your home which may lead you to becoming homeless

  • working with you to learn new skills to help you live independently

  • working with you to make sure you are receiving all your benefits

  • helping you to find out what is going on in your local area that you might what to get involved with

  • helping you with getting back to work

  • helping you access physical and mental health services, and encourage a healthy lifestyle.


What can't Floating support do?

Floating support services cannot help you with any personal care or domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, DIY or gardening. Nor can they provide you with any counselling or befriending support.


Who can get the service?


Floating support is available to vulnerable people who need help with housing issues and live in independent accommodation in the London Brough of Barking  Dagenham 

Vulnerable people could include people experiencing any of the following difficulties:

  • mental health difficulties

  • alcohol or drug dependency

  • people with a physical disability

  • people with a sensory impairment

  • learning disability or a learning difficulty

  • young people at risk

  • young people leaving care

  • older people

  • a history of homelessness

  • offenders and people at risk of offending and domestic violence.

bottom of page